Last Updated on March 1, 2019
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
- Do We Share Your Personal Information?
- How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
- Your Choices Regarding Information
- Links to Third Party Websites
- How We Respond To Do Not Track signals
- Children Under 16
- DMCA Notice
- Users Outside of the United States
- Contact Us
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information, including Personal Information, only where we have a lawful basis. Lawful bases on which we rely include your consent where you have given it, contract where processing is necessary for us to perform our obligations pursuant to a contract with you, and legitimate interests of our business such as operating and providing the Services to you.
We collect, store, and use the following categories of information, which includes Personal Information:
Information you give us:
- Your name, email address, postal address, zip code, country, telephone number, and any other information you share when you create an account on the Services or otherwise access the Services.
- Your responses to surveys that we may ask you to complete for research purposes or to help direct Strangeworks activities.
- Other Personal Information you voluntarily submit, which may include your profession, gender, date of birth, your profile picture, etc.
- Any information you share when you contact us.
Information we get from your use of the Services:
- Details of how you use the Services.
- Your internet protocol address (i.e., IP address) and, if you access the Services from a mobile application, your unique mobile device ID number and non-email authentication.
- Details of financial transactions you participate in on the Services, including the amount, currency, and method of payment.
- Browser and device information and information collected through Tracking Technologies (defined below), such as cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies.
- If you use the Services from a mobile device, that device will send us data about your location based on your phone settings. We will ask you to opt-in before we use GPS or other tools to identify your precise location.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use the information we collect for a variety of purposes, including to improve the Services, optimize our technology, and refine and customize our offerings and user experience.
In particular, we use the information we collect to:
- Administer and provide the Services, enable you to use its features, and improve the overall user experience.
- Communicate with you through email, text, SMS, message via social media platforms, telephone, or any other medium for which we have contact information so that we can provide you with information and updates about us, our work, and our community, and to make it easier for you to share such information about us with your social networks.
- Send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Respond to comments and questions and provide technical support and customer support.
- Analyze how users use the Services using tools like Google Analytics and other tools to help us understand traffic patterns and know if there are problems with the Services.
- Create targeted advertising to promote the Services and engage the community and our users.
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- Link or combine user information with other Personal Information.
- Compare information for accuracy, update our records, and verify it with third parties.
Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We do not rent, sell, or share your Personal Information with other people or non-affiliated third parties except with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide with the Services or any specific service you have requested or authorized.
To help us do our work, we may provide limited access to some of your Personal Information to the following third parties:
- Service Providers: We work with a wide range of third-party providers, notably our database administrators, cloud computing services, advertising services, data analysts, application service providers, bulk SMS services, and other non-governmental organizations. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your Personal Information except in connection with providing their services.
- Payment processors: We work with payment processors to help process credit card transactions and other payment methods made through the Services. These payment processors will store certain information about you. Please refer to their privacy policies to learn more about how they use your Personal Information.
We may also transfer your Personal Information to a third party as a result of a merger, acquisition, reorganization or similar transaction; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of the Services; and to protect our rights or property. In such event, and to the extent legally permitted, we will notify you and, if there are material changes in relation to the processing of your Personal Information, give you an opportunity to consent to such changes.
We will also share Personal Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Strangeworks if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of your Personal Information is reasonably necessary to (1) detect or protect against fraud or security issues, to enforce our User Terms, (2) meet any enforceable government request, (3) defend against legal claims, or protect against harm our legal rights or safety, or that of our staff and/or users.
We, or third parties we do business with, may use certain technologies to automatically collect log files and other information about your usage of, and the devices you use to access, the Services ("Tracking Technologies"). For example, we may use Tracking Technologies like cookies, log files, web beacons, session replay scripts, or similar technologies to help us analyze our web page flow, customize our services, content and advertising, measure promotional effectiveness and promote trust and safety.
You may delete and block all cookies from the Services, but parts of the Services will not work. We want to be open about our cookie use.
Web beacons may be used to track the traffic patterns of users from one page to another in order to maximize web traffic flow. Our third-party advertising service providers may also use web beacons to recognize you when you visit or access the Services and to help determine how you found the Services. If you would like more information about this and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit: the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website, http://www.aboutads.info/, or the Network Advertising Initiative’s website, http://networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp.
How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, misuse, or destruction. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The safety and security of your Personal Information also depends on you. If you are a user, you are solely responsible for keeping your membership details confidential, including any access credentials like passwords or mobile device PINs.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
You have certain rights with respect to the use of Personal Information on the Services. Please contact us at email@example.com to exercise any of the below rights.
Delete or Correct Personal Information. You may review, access, correct, amend, or delete Personal Information we have about you by logging into your User Account and navigating to your account page or by emailing us. For your protection, we may only share and update the Personal Information associated with the specific email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before doing so. We will try to comply with such requests in a reasonably timely manner. If you wish to cancel your account, you may do so through your account page. If you do, personally identifiable information associated with your account will be deleted as soon as is reasonably practical or as required by applicable law. Please note that we may retain information that is otherwise deleted in anonymized and aggregated form, in archived or backup copies as required pursuant to records retention obligations, or otherwise as required by law.
Delete or Correct User Content. You may access, correct, amend, or delete any User Content by accessing your user account (including any imported contacts). You control your User Content. Your User Content that you delete (including your User Content containing Personal Information) may be retained in archived or backup copies in order to enable you to use certain features like revision history and base snapshots. For instructions on how to permanently delete your User Content from your account, please email us. Please note that permanent deletion of your User Content through this process will impair or disable those features with respect to your User Content.
Download or Access Personal Information. You can ask us for a copy of your Personal Information, as well as information about its processing, and can ask for a copy of your Personal Information (including in machine readable form) by emailing us.
Opting Out of Marketing Communications. We may use some of the information we collect for marketing purposes, including to send you promotional communications about new Strangeworks features, products, events, or other opportunities. If you wish to stop receiving these communications or to opt out of use of your information for these purposes, please follow the opt-out instructions by clicking "Unsubscribe" (or similar opt-out language) in those communications. You can also email us to opt out.
Links to Third Party Websites
By using the Services, you agree that we will not be liable for any damage or loss caused by your use of or reliance on any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from these third party websites.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a Do Not Track signal to websites and other online services you visit. We do not alter our practices when we receive a Do Not Track signal from a visitor’s browser because we do not track our visitors for the purpose of targeted advertising. To find out more about Do Not Track, please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Children Under 16
The Services are not directed to individuals who are under age of sixteen (16) and we do not solicit nor knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of sixteen (16). If you believe that we have unknowingly collected any Personal Information from someone under the age of sixteen (16), please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and the information will be deleted.
If you own a copyright or have authority to act on behalf of a copyright owner and want to report a claim that a third party is infringing that material on or through the Services, please send a notice to our copyright agent that includes all of the items below and we will expeditiously take appropriate action. Our designated copyright agent to receive such claims can be reached at email@example.com. This process does not limit our ability to pursue any other remedies we may have to address suspected infringement.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim is being infringed;
- A description of the material you claim is infringing and that you want removed or access to which you want disabled and the URL or other location of that material;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- The following statement: "I have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted material I am complaining of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)";
- The following statement: "The information in this notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed"; and
- An electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or a person authorized to act on the owner's behalf.
A Note to Users Outside the United States
Strangeworks is based in the United States. The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be collected, transferred to, stored and otherwise processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
If you have any questions about this Policy, your Personal Information, or the Services, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or by emailing us at the below address:
2922 E. Cesar Chavez
Austin, TX 78702
Please contact us if you have any complaints or concerns with respect to your privacy. If you believe we are unable to assist you, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the relevant jurisdiction. However, we are committed to working with you to resolve any complaint or concern you may have with respect to your privacy.